Monday, February 2, 2009

Just Because I am Black ....


I do not come from a low income household that needed welfare to survive. I did not come from a community where there was a liquor store located on every corner and drugs being sold on the corner. And I sure as hell did not come from the projects, even though there is nothing wrong with it. I am not a gang member. So what makes you say that I am ghetto? Are these the attributes that constitute you to say the word ghetto? Is it because I am loud and express myself in a matter so that I can be seen and heard. I hate when people on this campus say, "you are so ghetto," what does that even mean because you don't say it to your other friends that do not look like me. So why direct the comment towards me? Just think before the next time you use the word ghetto, and know it's true definition because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment